Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Moooo!

Well, we've been home from the hospital for exactly one week today. It's been quite a ride so far with lots of ups and downs (but mostly ups). Hailey's really quite a calm baby, which is easy to say now that she's sleeping. She eats about 8 times a day, and she can nurse anywhere from 20 minutes to 50 minutes. So, if you figure that out, I spend the majority of my time - almost 8 hours a day - nursing. By the time I finish nursing and burping her, I get a few hours of peace before we start all over again. It's quite exhausting, and I feel like a milk cow! Despite the pain and the lack of free time, I wouldn't have it any other way.

In case you haven't seen the hospital pictures yet...you can go to http://www.flickr.com/photos/lukehamilton/ . We need to get Daddy to take some more pictures soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Feel like a milk cow? OMG!! LOL
And welcome to motherhood (and fatherhood)! From now on your lives will be dictated by that little baby! You find that you give up a lot (mostly time) but being there to love and take care of a child at the early stages of life are well worth it. A firm nurturing base. Enjoy each stage that takes place... even take joy in the sleepless nights... because you know someone needed you :D

Sending lots of love to you all. Kiss Hailey for me and tell her I'm almost finished with her gift! I forgot how long it takes!

Hugs,
Aunt Nancy