Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Buffalo Trip

Thanks for all of the comments on the Name Game. We haven't played in a few days since I went home for my grandfather's surgery.

My grandfather (my mother's father) was diagnosed with bile duct cancer over a month ago. On Monday, he had surgery to remove a golf ball size tumor. I flew up to Buffalo on Saturday and attended the surgery on Monday. It was a very complicated 9 hour surgery that involved removing organs and parts of organs. He did great in the surgery and was only minorly cranky when I saw him the next day (completely understandable if you ask me!). He's since been moved out of the ICU and is terrorizing the nurses on other floors. Today they tried to walk him half way down the hall, and he insisted on walking all the way to the end. Sounds like he's up to his old tricks!

2 comments:

Grampa G said...

"Grandfather get well soon!"

Anonymous said...

Best wishes for a speedy recovery!