Thursday, February 02, 2006

Midwife Appointment Update

I had another appointment with the midwives today. Mom was in town so we both went, and we were able to hear the baby's heartbeat. It was clear, strong, and fast. How exciting!!!! I've been waiting and waiting for today just to hear the heartbeat and get confirmation that everything was okay still. It's weird when you can't feel it moving yet so you just have to go on faith that it's still happy in there. I'm really looking forward to being able to feel it moving (which I should be able to feel in the next 2-4 weeks). Not so much looking forward to the point where the baby starts karate chopping my vital organs in the middle of the night, but a little flutter of movement here or there would be reassuring. We find out the sex on March 1st at 8:30am...only 27 days and counting!

4 comments:

ann said...

Hi Alisa,

Did your mom cry? $5 bucks says she did! Grandma's busy making the baby's blanket and since I have so knitting or sewing talents, I've been busy shopping for baby stuff. Can't wait until I know what color to buy.

I hope you include some "fat" pictures here. Can't wait to laugh at the changes to your body. Don't worry, it all goes back to normal. (Ha-ha-ha)

Love you! Auntie Ann

Anonymous said...

Alisa,

Next to seeing the baby take it's first breath the heartbeat is an amazing miracle to behold.

Whish we were there to share more of this with you...hopefully some day.

PS...I still remember your birth (when you came home from the hospital) like it was yesterday.

Kisses...

Alisa Hamilton said...

Surprisingly, she didn't cry. She just declared that the baby had to be a girl because it had a "very strong" heartbeat. I still wouldn't go buying a pink wardrobe yet, but it won't be long before we see if her mother's intuition was correct!

Anonymous said...

Well it was truly exciting to hear the baby's heartbeat. It confirmed that I'll be a grandmother soon where did the time go? How did this happen it seems like yesterday Alisa was a baby herself. It was fun to see that little belly growing and to shop for pants that actually fit now.