Thursday, July 27, 2006

Christmas with No Santa

It's 6:00am on Thursday, and I'm now officially 5 days overdue. I'm getting a little bitter about it at this point, which I know is a terrible thing. It's just that every night I go to bed feeling like I'm a little kid on Christmas Eve and wondering if Santa will come. Then, every morning I wake up to find that he hasn't. Now, imagine having that feeling of disappointment every day for two weeks. I know that she'll come when she's ready, and there's really not much I can do (that I haven't already tried). I'm not quite to the point of consuming caster oil (which my neighbor says works), but that point is getting closer every day. I think that everyone in this household is hoping that this ends soon, particularly as my crankiness quotient increases exponentially each day. At least we've learned one important lesson about Miss Hailey - she has her Dad's sense of timing :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alisa,
When I was in bed at night waiting for my babies to come, all I kept saying to them was... "Break my water and come out fast"! Both girls came a few days early and both were quick deliveries. I was just testing them to see if they would listen to me :-)
Take care and rest up because it will all be happening before you know it!
Lots of Hugs,
Aunt Nancy

Anonymous said...

Alisa,

I know it is frustrating. I did everything but drink the castor oil, too. But, Miss Emmy was her own little person even in utero. What is your midwife's policy on induction? I was only a couple of days over, but my dr. felt like she was ready and just needed a little "nudge."

But as my father-in-law is fond of saying, "When the apple is ripe, it will fall from the tree." I tried to explain the difference to him of a 7 lb. apple and a 9.5 lb. apple. =)

Best wishes. I'm thinking of you and Luke daily at least.

Melissa

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.