Wednesday, June 28, 2006

6lbs Already?!?!?!

At our big ultrasound this morning, we were very pleased to learn that Hailey is 6lbs 1oz already! We have 24 days to go until her due date so she'll probably pack on at least another pound or so. Unfortunately, I don't have any very good pictures from this time around, but we were able to see just about everything (and we confirmed again that she is indeed a girl). The most amazing images were of her toes (I think I saw a toenail) and her hair. Yes, she's a hairy beast, but that's just as we expected given her Mommy and Daddy. We also saw her "practice breathing" which I guess is a good sign that she's about ready to come out. I'm getting so excited to meet her. I think that I'm going to go out today to buy my red raspberry leaf tea and my evening primrose vitamins. Next midwife visit is Wednesday the 5th, but I might post before then with pictures of the nursery.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

While I wasn't necessarily worrying obsessively about Hailey's weight, I am certainly glad that she has reached a delicate little "bantam" fighting weight of 6lbs 1oz! I am sure Mommy will be much happier come July 22nd that Hailey is not competing with her Daddy's heavyweight entry of 9lbs.

What's up with the "practice breathing"? Seems like it would be a little strenuous to be sucking amniotic fluid in and out of your lungs! Perhaps that is the point? I just was unaware of that bit of developmental behavior.

Anonymous said...

See... there wasn't anything to worry about. Hailey is doing fine...she should be her perfect weight when she is born! (7lbs. 4oz. that was my guess!) So how's your "nesting" going? All prepared? Getting less sleep? Feeling anxious? The happy day will be here before you know it. I can't wait to meet Hailey too.

Anonymous said...

We are SO exciting about Hailey's upcoming arrival! You'll be surprised at how much she'll grow and gain in the last few weeks. We've enjoyed following your progress over the last 8 months, and would love to see pictures of the nursery also. Maybe you should continue your blog even after she's born so we can see pictures and hear about all the amazing things she's doing!

Aunt Melanie

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work. thnx!
»

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.