Thursday, September 04, 2008

Could it be?

When we first found out that we were pregnant, I felt immediately that it was a girl. I wouldn’t even consider the possibility that it was a boy even though Luke said that he believed it was. I was 100% girl all the way, and no, I couldn’t possibly believe my husband.

Then, I had the premonition (see August 8, 2008 entry). That was the first clue that I might have to consider the possibility that it could be a boy. Then, I started having night sickness instead of morning sickness as I had with Hailey. Could it be because there are different hormones from a boy? The final clue came on Tuesday when I went to the doctor. This was the first time that I was able to hear the heartbeat, and it was much slower than Hailey’s was. It was a very strong heartbeat, but not the speed racer heartbeat that I remember from Hailey.

So, I think I’m reversing my stance. I think that this baby is a boy. 7 weeks until we find out! Everyone should post your bets in the comments.

3 comments:

peter said...

Put me into the "boy" camp, but it will truly be miraculous. There hasn't been a boy born in my immediate family since 1957!! That's a lot of history to overcome!

Love,
Dad (Grandpa Pete)

ann said...

I'm guessing it's a boy too. I have no reason why I think this...I guess I'm hoping for one of each. Boys are great and very diffeerent then girls. You should experience all of it!

There is a Chinese gender calendar that I can do for you. This is very accurate. I need some info: Your age at the time of conception and the month that you conceived.

Anonymous said...

I'm wrong every time I guess (even when it comes to my own pregnancies)but Chris thinks it is a girl.