Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Green Beans and Broccoli

Like most parents, I think that I am the most fortunate Mommy in the world. Every day, I could think of a new reason why I’m the luckiest Mommy, but here’s my reason for today – my daughter eats green things. It’s true! The child loves green beans. She knows how to clean them and put them in the bowl. The other night we cleaned a huge batch of beans and cooked them up. She ate mostly beans for dinner. Poor Luke didn’t even get any! Same thing last night with broccoli. She would just keep eating vegetables if we didn’t insist that she eat other things. She’s some kind of bizzarro child.


Of course, I don’t take her vegetable-eating for granted (or even think that it will last forever). That’s why I’m writing to remember these fun times when we don’t have to fight at the dinner table because let’s face it, those days are probably not far off.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Both my girls ate their vegetables when they were young. And they still do today!

Trick is I used to tell them they need to try things at least once to see what they taste like. Of course they saw us eating them and they copied as usual.

Hopefully Hailey will continue too.