Monday, February 23, 2009

This Baby May Fall Out

I just returned from an unplanned trip to see the midwives. I was having some shooting pains that felt like a knife being stabbed in a very unpleasant place. I figured that it was just pressure from the baby, but the stabbing feeling was beyond what I expected. It's ironic because friends of mine who have two kids kept asking me if I felt like the baby was going to fall out on the floor. "No, not really," I would reply quite proud of my body's ability to handle this pregnancy. Well, turns out that the stabbing pain and pressure is what they meant. The midwife said that there's nothing to worry about and felt that the baby's head was very very low. I guess I will just suffer the next few weeks feeling like the baby may fall out on the floor every time I stand up. Good times for all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there girl!!! I forgot what date I chose :)

I carried very, very low with both my girls and I thought they were going to fall out too. It actually made it a quicker delivery. Amy was 6 hrs. and Stacey was 3½ hrs. Standing during contractions helped too... excruciating but quick. No drugs either.