Sunday, April 19, 2009

A Funny Thing Happened on the Way...



Luke left for Las Vegas early this morning. Usually when I'm a single Mom I like to plan something fun for Hailey to do. Today it was supposed to rain so I thought that I would take her to Leaping Lizards which is our local jumping house where they have a bunch of moonwalks. It's a great place for her to run around and where herself out. At about 2:00pm, I threw both girls in the car and took off for Leaping Lizards. By the time we got there, Hailey was asleep and Sophia was pooping in the backseat. Hmmm...moral Mommy dilemma. Do I wait for her to wake up and take her in or do I go back home? Easy decision = drive back home. Now, I'm driving home and thinking that maybe I could actually take a nap if I let Hailey sleep in the car. Once you've mentally committed to a nap, you almost have to take one. So, I pulled in the garage, silently removed everything from the car except for Hailey. Then, I grabbed Sophia and climbed into the downstairs bed for my nap. Not five minutes later I hear sobbing from the car, "I want to go to Leaping Lizards." Oh no...I've been caught!!!! "We drove all the way to Leaping Lizards, and it was closed," I said sheepishly. Then, "wanna watch a movie?" Ten minutes into the movie, and I'm passed out on the couch.


I hope that no one ever tells my children that I write this blog. This is the stuff that therapy sessions are made of. I mean I had to unrepress years worth of memories in order to make my parents crazy with stories of how they tortured me with powdered milk and double buckled shoes. My kids are just going to have to look online to gather millions of therapy dollars worth of bad Mommy stories. Isn't the internet grand??? Sorry kiddos!

1 comment:

Luke said...

Vegas ain't got nothin on my girls ... all 3 of em! I miss you!