Sunday, April 23, 2006

Colors and Themes

Let me begin by saying that the one thing that makes me a little more confident in this whole baby raising endeavor is the fact that we have very supportive family and friends behind us. That's why this blog is a little awkward to write. I hope that no one takes offense because Luke and I will be completely grateful and thrilled with anything that anyone wants to provide for Baby Hailey.

With that said, a few people have asked me for some direction on purchasing things for Hailey and the nursery.
In terms of clothes, I'm guessing that we don't need a ton of newborn clothes because it's going to be extremely hot when Hailey arrives so she's probably going to be either naked or swaddled, depending on the temperature of the a/c and how fussy she is. We didn't really register for any clothes because they are all so adorable that part of the fun is going to pick them out!

We've decided on a Winnie the Pooh theme for the nursery. Luke's probably going to paint some characters on the walls for us. We are going to try to keep thinks lavendar and green because neither of us are big pink-lovers. I'll try to take a picture of the nursery as it looks right now so that we can get a before and after comparison.


2 comments:

ann said...

Are you registered? The baby shower date is fast approaching and Aunt Michelle and I are slightly confused about certain things. Was this "baby stuff" as difficult when I gave birth? I truly don't remember. But I went shopping the other day and I am amazed at the contraptions they have to entertain babies. The way I see it, you'll need more than 1 room to house all this stuff! Some direction would be greatly appreciated. Also, the Michotek's would like another belly picture please!

Love ya!

Alisa Hamilton said...

We are registered at BabiesRUs and Target. They're both under Alisa and Luke Hamilton.