Monday, March 23, 2009

3 Other Details

Not that anyone cares, but I wanted to get these down for posterity's sake...

1) After insisting on midwives and seeing midwives for 9 months, I was not delivered by a midwife but by the on-call doctor for the practice. Lucky for me, she was fabulous. She was patient and supportive of everything we were trying to do. She didn't rush me when we pushed and let me make every decision on my own. All in all a fabulous experience.

2) Sophia had a huge knot in her cord when she came out. It was pretty amazing to see.

3) My veins suck for IVs. After the first nurse missed twice and my arm swelled up with a lemon size knot, I tried to refuse the IV. When the doctor insisted, I tried to dodge the IV Team lady that came. Eventually though I didn't have enough energy to fight off the IV lady so I had to be poked.

1 comment:

ann said...

fShe's beautiful. Can't wait to meet her!