Monday, October 08, 2007

A Battle of Wills

I’m sure that you are already familiar with Hailey’s ongoing “no” problem. Well, it’s not just that she says no to everything. Now, she completely refuses to say “yes” or any form thereof (yup, yeah, etc). I’ve enlisted the help of the daycare lady, Hailey’s friends, Luke, random people on the playground, etc. It doesn’t matter. No matter how hard we try, the child will not say yes. Maybe she’ll nod her head if you have something that she really wants, but that’s as much as she’ll give. She probably thinks that it’s ridiculous when Luke and I sit at the dinner table and make up questions to pose to each other for which we must respond “YES” along with a fervent head nod. Even I think that’s hysterical, but we have to model good behavior until she figures it out. In the meantime, I guess we’ll have to suffer through more of the “no” phase.

3 comments:

peter said...

Honestly...I just can't care about the "No" problem when I see that beautiful face. What a gorgeous picture.

Love,
Dad

PS. I'm sure you and Luke will figure it out. If not, we'll deal with it in Italy!

Anonymous said...

Just another phase... nothing to worry about!

Just remember... as she gets older you will want her to say NO more than yes!

That is a great picture!
Hugs,
Aunt Nancy

ann said...

This is soooo funny! Perhaps she has her mothers strong will and determination...that's not such a bad thing.

Thanks for having her call me last night! I hope she enjoyed her bubble bath.

If you can't get her to say "Yes" try something else, like "Auntie Ann is my favorite Aunt" for example.