Thursday, October 18, 2007

What could be better?

What could be better than spending 12 hours traveling with a toddler? Spending 12 hours traveling with a sick toddler, of course!!!! Yes, yesterday Hailey came down with a bit of a cold. She’s in relatively good spirits, but she’s got snot and nastiness coming out of her face. The doctor gave her some prescription decongestant which I have reluctantly agreed to give her. Hopefully, she’ll feel a little better by tomorrow and/or the decongestant will knock her out on the plane. Let’s hope for the best!

I don’t know if/how much I will be able to write from Italy. I’ll try to post something (maybe even a picture) at least once. Otherwise, I’m sure there will be plenty to tell when we return. Have a great few weeks!

2 comments:

ann said...

I can appreciate you worrying about giving Hailey medicine after all the recent news on the subject. But since you are flying, I would suggest that you give her decongestants ASAP. Did you ever have fluid in your ears when you were flying? No fun at all! Best to keep the snot flowing, trust me. One time when Joe was a baby, we didn't know he had a ear infection...he screamed the entire time. I cried with him because I felt so helpless.

PS: Benedryl works well to sedate them so they sleep on the plane.

Have a great time and hope you have a wonderful 30th birthday!

Anonymous said...

Have a fabulous trip, and eat some yummy Italian food for me and fetus Jr.!