Monday, October 01, 2007

Home Sick



I'm a go go go type of person. I love to be busy, get things done, have checklists, be productive, etc. Type A anyone? However, when I went into Hailey's room this morning and realized that she had a fever, I knew that I was go go going nowhere. Well, that's not exactly how it happened. When I picked her up out of her crib, I immediately knew that she had a low fever, but she's also getting some molars. About a second after I connected the dots between molars and fever in my head, she threw up all over me. Ok. Game over. Change from work clothes to Mommy clothes and buckle down for a day of snuggling and comforting.

This is really one of the first times that I've ever had to stay home with her. Don't ask me how we've managed to avoid this up until now, but we have. It's very strange to have a free day without work. I feel torn between 100% dedication to caring for my sick child (who is sleeping by the way) and that nagging load of laundry that I've been meaning to do! That is why I take great pleasure in the fact that I was able to sit still and rub her back for 30 minutes while she went to sleep. It takes an uncharacteristic amount of patience to do that. Maybe I'm growing as a Mommy and as a person. Ok, I have limited time until she wakes up so I'm off to tackle that laundry!

Oh, and Hailey is going to be fine. Her fever has gone down, and I'm going to try giving her some oatmeal when she wakes up. Hopefully, it was just a little bug.

5 comments:

ann said...

This proves that not only are you a wonderful mother, but you've definitely got your priorities straight. Good girl!

Don't kids look like little angels when they're sleeping?

Alisa Hamilton said...

UPDATE...Hailey had some oatmeal and various other snacks for lunch and seems to be holding them down just fine. I really think that the fever is a result of the molars, but I can't account for the throwing up. So, we'll just see how she does today. Hopefully, she'll be all smiles soon.

peter said...

And when Hailey is all smiles...we're all smiles!

Love,
Dad & Grandpa Pete

Luke said...

i miss you guys so much, i wish i was there to help!

Anonymous said...

I'm telling you, something clicks into overdrive when a loving Mommy has a sick kid. I hope Hailey is feeling better today and that she knows what a fantastic mother she has!