Saturday, May 23, 2009

Buffalo or Bust





Hailey, Sophia, and I took a trip to Buffalo all by ourselves. It was a little tricky to navigate two children, a stroller, a diaper bag, and a suitcase, but we managed with a little help from valet parking. Of course, the trip was not without it's moments of comedy:


Hailey noticing a pigeon 20 yards away on the tarmac: "Look, Mommy, a chicken."


Hailey during landing: "My ears are stuck, Mommy. I need your ears."


Pilot: "We are going to be waiting here for a few minutes because there is a plane currently at our gate. Please do not get out of your seat until I turn off the fasten seat belt sign."

Sophia 3 seconds later: Giant poopie explosion noise.


Hailey visiting the beach on Lake Erie: "Look, the ocean!"


Hailey sitting in Grandpa's convertible Miata in the garage (top down of course): "I'm driving to Vegas, Mama. I need the keys."

Hailey carrying on a conversation with herself in the backseat: "I'm Cinderella. No, I'm not Cinderella because I'm Sleeping Beauty because I'm not Tinker Bell. No, I'm Tinker Bell, but I live in Pixie Hollow."

Hailey making random commentary in the backseat: "Oh, Jesus."

No comments: