Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Princess in Pants

Dear Evil-Doers at Walt Disney:

Why do all of your princesses wear dresses? It must be exhausting for them to wear dresses all the time and fulfill their many princess duties like being rescued by princes, throwing grand balls, and cavorting with mythical characters such as fairies, godmothers, dragons, etc. I would like to see just one princess who wears pants. This would also help me with a little problem I'm having with my daughter. If I have to hear her say (more like whine), "I can't wear those pants because I have to be a princess" one more time, I'm going to hold you personally responsible for the consequences which may or may not involve my head exploding, clothes flying out my daughter's third floor window, and/or a bonfire fueled by every princess item we have in this house...which is a lot. So, if you could see fit to create just one princess who looks a little more like me and a little less like Barbie, I would be much obliged.

Sincerely,
Mother Concerned About the Princessification of our Daughters

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What part of speech is Princessification?

Luke said...

Um, Disney non-evil-doers, I'd like to add a disclaimer that I nor my daughters are in no way affiliated with this blog entry and we would further request a free nights stay at Cinderella's Castle.

nro said...

jasmine! she wears a bikini top and poofy pants! also, she wears princess dresses. :)

ann said...

Think back in time...2 words for you: Strawberry Shortcake! Leave my little princess alone you meanie!

Nancy said...

Okay..here's my take on it. Princess is an issue of HOW a daughter is TREATED by her father, (representing how men SHOULD treat her in her life) ~ NOT an issue of dress code! In addition to this, the princess must behave in a manner worthy of such treatment (i.e. willingly putting on the outfit mommy deems appropriate for the day~WITHOUT whining!)

Aunt Nancy in AZ said...

You've got yourself a girly-girl!
The princess stage only lasts a short while... (hmmm... maybe a few years)... there will come a time when she won't want to wear a dress... at all... until proms! (slight exaggeration... do mini shirts count?)

Every girl thinks she's a princess... because then she can become teen... no, I mean queen!

Enjoy these years!