Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Ode to Coffee

I don't drink coffee. I like coffee, but I don't drink it out of the great fear that I will become addicted. I don't want to need caffeine. Here's the problem...the older I get and the more kids I have, the more I feel like I want, need, and frankly deserve a little caffeine every once in a while. So, the other day I bought some caffeinated soda ...gasp! Now, I can sip a little Cherry Coke Zero when I get sleepy after lunch. What is the world coming to??!?!?!? Yeah, I know that this is silly and I'm an adult so I should join the adult world and be a part of our caffeine nation. I think that I can hold off until I go back to work, but I'm not giving up my mid-afternoon soda.

So, I'm going to take a vote. Should I start drinking coffee every morning? (keep in mind that I'm not a morning person so this may ultimately help my marriage...no vote for Luke although he's aloud to comment)

8 comments:

peter said...

"aloud" to comment?? You should be "allowed" some coffee! Sorry...can't help myself.

Love,
Dad (don't post this!)

Anonymous said...

Hi Alisa
This is Diane (Katie's mum).
First, congrats to all of you, Sophia is beautiful.
The caffeine thing is tricky. I didn't start drinking coffee in the morning until my mid thirties. Now we have one deliciously strong cup every morning. I had to have some medical tests done early one morning and could not have said coffee and as a result thought I was dying. I felt very sick and had a splitting headache.For us it's a morning ritual that we love.
I think coffee is better for you than diet coke though.

Anonymous said...

Yeeesss...Come to the dark (brewed) side my friend.

Unknown said...

Mom
Well, I don't even need to comment you know my view. I live with Mr. Coffee from his days at the fire department Harry has his ritual afternoon coffee everyday. If I remember correctly you had to buy a coffee pot for my first visit.

Love,
Mom

nro said...

haha! my comment was going to be the same as your dad's... :) as for my vote, it is for moderation. i don't think a cup will kill you, but if you start drinking a pot of coffee, or a 2 liter of diet coke each day, then we'll have to chat... at an intervention.

Meggan Hood said...

After I had Amelia I made a new BFF, her name is Coke Zero and I don't know how to live without her now. We see each other at least once a day, sometimes even twice, and sometimes I hang out with her sisters Cherry Coke Zero and Vanilla Coke Zero. They are all lots of fun.

Jenny said...

Ok, I don't have any kids yet..only fur :) But my vote would be no! If you've never REALLY needed caffine in the past why start? That's just my vote :)
Jenny

Lindsey said...

I'm totally with you, Alisa. I too have a fear of the caffeine. I gave up coke (that's soda for you yanks) for lent once in college and found I didn't really miss it, and now whenever I have more than one cup of it, I feel icky. Forget all these other comments - ickiness is clearly the deciding factor here.