Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Birds, Bees, and Seeds

Tonight Hailey helped me clean the seeds out of a bunch of peppers that we picked in the garden (yes, the rain had some positives). As she was cleaning out the seeds, I explained to her all about how if we put the seeds in the ground, they would grow more pepper plants. Then, we would have more peppers, then more pepper plants. And, that is how pepper plants have existed for thousands of years. Biology lesson 101. Go, Mommy! I was so proud of myself, and the "teachable moment" that I had just grabbed and hit right out of the park.

Here's the best part. After I finished with this elaborate explanation, I asked Hailey, "what happens if we put the seeds in the ground, Hailey?" She casually responded, "They get dirty." So much for teachable toddlers. Maybe next time.

No comments: