Monday, January 14, 2008

Applesauce, Applesauce, APPLESAUCE!!!

Hailey has a favorite food. Can you guess what it is? Now, a simple request of “Eat, Eat, Mommy” quickly turns into a demand for “applesauce.” I’m not sure who even gave her applesauce or told her what it was, but this all started around Christmas time and has now become an applesauce obsession. When it started, I was not regularly stocking up on applesauce. So, I ended up making her some in our blender. I soon realized that this was a tremendous waste of time because they sell no sugar added applesauce in giant jars at the store. Now I have several jars in the pantry for applesauce emergencies. It hasn’t gotten to the point where she won’t eat other things, yet. In fact, she eats very well at every meal. She's even learning how to feed herself the applesauce using a spoon, although it's questionable how much she actually eats when she does it herself. It’s just so funny that she’s become obsessed with one food. I’m sure you other Mommies have similar experience with kids demanding one food over and over again. Feel free to share…

4 comments:

peter said...

Oh, yes...don't get me started on the hot dog story!

Love,
Dad

Anonymous said...

Oddly enough, Corbin went through an applesauce craze of his own. Unfortunately he was a bit younger at the time and his pronunciation was a bit off. After he had been at his Nana's one afternoon my mother informed me that he had requested a nice big serving of 'ass' for lunch.

nro said...

this story reminds me of my brother... he eats applesauce with EVERYTHING. always has, and apparently, always will. he is 25 yrs old and when i was with him over the holidays, he was still pouring it on his meals. including lasagna. gross.

ann said...

Remember how your grandparents would have applesauce with pork chops? Well my kids still remember those dinners at grandma's.