Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Surprise… I’m Potty Training, Mommy!

We have not been potty training at home yet because Hailey has not shown all of the official potty training signs (there are 10 apparently). However, I got a little surprise when I went to pick up Hailey at school yesterday, and the teacher told me that she likes to sit on the potty. What?!?!? Apparently, the children are given an option when they need a diaper change. They can lie down and get the typical diaper change, or they can sit on the potty for a few minutes. Well, all of the other little kids sit on the potty so, of course, Hailey wants to sit on the potty too. She hasn’t actually used the potty, just sat on it. Still, this is very exciting news. I haven’t even been thinking about potty training, and I don’t think that we’re going to push it at home. However, it’s kind of nice that she’s getting used to the concept.

No comments: