Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Christmas Rewind


I wrote this blog in my head right after Christmas but forgot to post it with all of the holiday craziness. So, I wanted to have on record that Hailey’s Christmas was absolutely wonderful. I didn’t think that she would understand much about Christmas, but she understood one of the most important things and that is gratitude. Instead of being one of those bratty kids who tosses aside each present to get to something more interesting, she savored each and every one. From ripping the paper slowly and carefully to demanding that each toy be completely removed from its twist-tie laden packaging, she loved it all. Since we didn’t require that all presents be opened in one sitting, she had plenty of time to explore each toy or run around the house with her new clothes. She really had a blast. In retrospect, I wouldn’t do it any differently. She certainly was grateful for every gift that she received. I hope that she always understands that every gift is a blessing and that she is lucky to receive anything. Oh, and also that no gift is more precious than the time she was able to spend with her family, particularly her Grandparents who flew in from all over the country to spend the special time with her.

1 comment:

ann said...

I just love this picture of Hailey. I have it framed on my desk at work and it's the background on my laptop!