Thursday, January 03, 2008

What did you say?


I know that I’ve been writing recently about Hailey the parrot, but something has happened lately that is quite frightening – she’s beginning to say what she means!!! It’s no longer that she repeats what I say, now she’s using words that I’ve never heard her say before and at the most appropriate times. For example, yesterday I put her in her car seat and it was a little tight so she said, “hurt, hurt.” Then, when I loosened it and asked her if it was better, she said “syes” which is yes in Hailey speak. This morning, she tried to close the baby gate but I had it latched open and she said “stuck, stuck” then “help.” We’re suddenly living with a little person in the house! What ever will we do?

Here's a picture that I snapped during our Christmas Eve trip to the botanical gardens. There are a few more pictures up on our Flickr site (the link is on the right).

1 comment:

ann said...

Ok - I'm not trying to brag here, but one of my employees has a daughter that's 2 1/2. She brought them into the office the other day and this kid wasn't talking nearly as much as you claim Hailey is.

Don't forget, she's still a baby. Let's remember that we need to put the flash cards down once in a while and let her just have fun! Help her use her imagination!