Thursday, June 11, 2009

First Day at Work

I’m feeling a little less (parenthetical) about working today, maybe that’s because I’m actually at work. I’ve just about survived my first day. I mourned a little in the car on the way here because I really missed Sophia. I thought that I would also be sad about all of the other benefits that maternity leave afforded me (shopping during the day, completing home projects, gardening, etc), but really all I was sad about was missing Sophia. However, by the time I got to work, I had pulled myself together and managed to make it through the day quite well. Of course, I have lots of other thoughts rolling around in my head about working and breastfeeding at work and various other topics, but I think the most important thing to say today is that I made it through the day. I'll worry about the rest another time.

No comments: