Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Zucchini Overload


As every good gardener knows, when it rains zucchinis and squash, it pours. Thus, we had a ridiculous amount of produce, as you can see above. So tonight (my last night before work), Mom and I made 3 different baked goods involving zucchini - zucchini bread (classic variety), orange/chocolate chip zucchini bread, and brownies. It only took one zucchini to make all of that, and it wasn't even the biggest zucchini (which rivals Sophia in size). It was a lot of baking, and of course, Hailey had her hands in all of it (sometimes literally). Wow...I love parentheses today. I'm in a (parenthetical) mood. Either that or I really need a drink on this my last night before going back to work. Did I mention that I go back to work tomorrow? I'm plagued by the thought, but don't know enough how I feel about it to tell you (maybe I'll let you know tomorrow). For now you should just know that I'm going back to work tomorrow, and I'm feeling parenthetical about it (whatever that means).

1 comment:

peter said...

I think it means that you have a full life: your children, your husband, your family, your home, your friends, your hobbies, your self, and your "other" (work).

Love,
Dad/Grandpa Pete