Friday, June 05, 2009

Funny Moment

This morning at breakfast, the restaurant had on CNN. Hailey kept identifying Barack Obama (spotting Obama is one of her favorite games). Here's the conversation that ensued:

Mom: "That is Barack Obama, and do you know who that is with President Obama?"

Hailey: "No"

Mom: "That's Angela Merkel, the Chancellor of Germany. See. She's a girl, and she rules a country. Maybe when you get older, you can be in charge of a European Union country."

Hailey: "I don't want to do that. When I get bigger, I want to be Tinker Bell."

At least, I tried.

3 comments:

peter said...

And you will continue to try...no doubt to no avail. But isn't she just amazing?

Love,
Dad/Grandpa Pete

nro said...

omg... this had me CRACKING UP! i can totally picture this in technicolor. ;)

Anonymous said...

I didn't read that carefully enough. I thought Hailey was telling you about the Chancellor of Germany. So for a second there I was totally panicked that my kids don't even know where Europe is let alone who its female rulers are!