Thursday, January 05, 2006

The Big Visit

Yesterday was our first official visit to the midwives at Vanderbilt. Our primary midwife is named Shelly, although she may not be the one to deliver me. It will just depend on the timing. During the visit, we were able to hear the baby's heartbeat for the first time which was extremely exciting. Everything seems to be going very well, including the weight gain. I don't have to go back again until February.

I would have written about it yesterday, but we were busy watching the Rose Bowl and contemplating whether Vince Young will someday be a Tennessee Titan. With the third pick in the draft, it's certainly a possibility.

In other exciting news, our neighbors that we share the backyard with are also pregnant. She's about a month ahead of me, and she had the most fabulous suggestion to deal with my lack of maternity pants... a funky maternity belt. It's not really a belt, but more like a big piece of fabric that will cover my unbuttoned pants. It completely solves the problem. I can't remember the name of it, but she told me where to buy it. How exciting!!

No comments: