Monday, January 23, 2006

Buy, Buy, Buy

When we first decided to get pregnant, I knew that there would be quite a few things that we would need to purchase...crib, car seat, diapers, etc. I think of those things as the baby basics. On Saturday, I went to a baby shower for one of my friends. Oh my goodness!!!! She got so many crazy baby things that I had never even thought of...nipple cream, disposable changing pads, wrist rattles, etc, etc. How do I know what is an essential and what's just some crazy baby gimmick. Suddenly, my "to purchase" list has grown exponentially. I guess I'm just feeling a bit overwhelmed by the sheer amount of baby crap that's out there. Have you been down a baby aisle lately??? Yikes! Thank goodness that I have quite a few friends that are having babies right before me so I will be able to gather lots of good advice before BH arrives.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Alisa!
Uncle Pete just sent me your link today! I'm certainly always looking for another procrastination tool!!
Congratulations!
Molly :)

Anonymous said...

Alisa...I hope that I'm doing this correctly---I haven't even read Olivia or Julia's blogs yet because I don't know how. Perhaps this is the beginning of a more technically-apt me. I LOVE your entries! You and BH will love reading them years from now. I have to say that Olivia and Julia have been blessings beyond my imagination and I'm so happy for you and Luke to experience parenthood. With Olivia, I also had trouble gaining weight and after the dr. threatened to put me in the hospital and hook me up to an IV, I decided that chocolate malts were something that I can stomach, and often. Although I only gained 24 lbs., Olivia was born a hefty 8 1bs. 4 oz.---all chocolate malt. And the additional weight melted off effortlessly within a couple of weeks. Sounds like you're on the same track. And, I'm so glad you're eating meat---BH will be happy you did. Are you having any other cravings?
And what is Luke craving---funny how that happens. I think it's be so much fun to buy or receive baby stuff now since everything is so cool and hi-tech (compared to 1991-95). Just remember, storage for everything and keeping up with it all. So what is your actual due date? And, do you want to know if it's a girl or boy? You're the first to test the Palmisano trend of producing girls---Hamilton genes may have thrown a wrench in that theory. I'm so glad I finally had a chance to sit down and tell you have thrilled all of us are for you, and how we look forward to hearing more!! Aunt Melanie

Grampa G said...

On Jan 23rd Alisa said:

I guess I'm just feeling a bit overwhelmed by the sheer amount of baby crap that's out there.

Don't sweat the "stuff". All 'lil punkin cares about is your sweet smile and voice...Ok, and a clean diaper :)
Grampa G