Sunday, January 01, 2006

When Two Inches Matter

I'm 11 weeks pregnant now, and the baby books says that my fetus is approximately 2 inches long. Yes, 2 inches. It seems so insignificant, and yet my body has spent the last nine weeks growing and nurturing this tiny little thing! Just a few weeks ago, at our first ultrasound, it was only 2 cm long. Oh, they grow so fast...sniffle, sniffle, tear, tear.

So, this is my first blog. I suppose that I'll use it to update family and friends on baby status and such. Plus, I may muse on some other random interests from time to time. I haven't had a creative outlet to write in quite a while, but I'll try to keep it short and manageable. I'll also try to include some belly shots as I start to widen. That should keep it interesting. For the readers' sake, I'll try not to whine too much about nausea, exhaustion, and thickening thighs. Although, there's certainly plenty to say about the joys of pregnancy thus far!

2 comments:

ann said...

I'm so exciting to be a part of this, (although the Great Aunt thing is a bit disturbing). I'm starting a "Top 10" list for the baby. Everyone I've shown the picture to says it has my head! Can't wait to see you fat!

Love, Auntie Ann

Alisa Hamilton said...

Thanks for all of the comments everyone. This is going to be fun. I'm really glad that we have people to share all of the excitement with.