Monday, July 13, 2009

Gross, Gross, Gross

There's nothing a Mommy likes better than to be pooped on and puked on in the same day. That was my special treat today. It started at a colleague's going away party with all of the people from my office. I had Sophia with me, sitting on my lap. I didn't hear anything to tip me off, but all of a sudden my belly got very very warm. I looked down and sure enough, the little one pooped out the back of her diaper, through her onsie and onto my shirt. Check please!!!! Of course, being the seasoned Mommy that I am, there was no panic and no running out the door. Nope, a quick trip to the bathroom to clean her up. Then some improvised cleaning of my shirt, followed by tucking the shirt in to hide the stain, and we're back in business. What!!?!?!? Sit around with poop on my shirt...yeah, I've experienced worse (like catching puke in my hands and holding it for multiple L.A. blocks, but that's a story for another day).

Speaking of puke, after I left the party (covered in poop), we headed to the airport to pick up Grandpa. Within a few minutes, Hailey was puking all over herself in the backseat - car sick, and no, I was not driving like a maniac. I calmly pull over the car, which now contains my poopy shirted self, my pukey shirted daughter, and my totally oblivious baby. No need to panic. A quick wipe of the car seat, a stripped down toddler, removal of some chunks under my fingernails, and we're back on the road. Ah, what a day! If only Sophia could have pulled out a peeing when her diaper was off episode, I would have hit the trifecta. As my friend Meggan says, I earned my Mommy card today. Thanks, girls!

No comments: