Monday, July 27, 2009

Party Pooper

What’s that saying, “spare the rod, spoil the child”? Well, I’m not going to start beating Hailey with a rod, but our children are spoiled (ok, my children are spoiled). Hailey’s birthday hasn’t even arrived yet, and I am already struck by the kindness and generosity of our family and friends. Of course, with that kindness and generosity comes a big helping of toys and other princess-related stuff. She will love it all. She will play with it all. But really, the kid is getting everything that she asked for for her birthday and everything that she didn’t ask for but we know that she’ll love. That’s a lot of stuff. Did I get everything that I asked for for my birthday? Surely not!!!

3 comments:

peter said...

Um...yeah...you kinda did. But you learned self-denial afterward. I remember many times taking you shopping for boots or shoes or something, and you wouldn't let me buy something that was ridiculously priced. It'll take a while, but you know what to teach her about what to value in life. She's just too young to understand right now.

Love,
Dad/Grandpa Pete (last week's spoiler-in-chief)

nro said...

hahaha... i had to come see the comments, b/c i KNEW your dad would have a fitting response. :)

ann said...

In light of this posting, I am not sending Hailey a gift, but instead will make a contribution to her college fund.

They're never too young to start understand the value of things. She can do chores and earn money or rewards...