Tuesday, July 07, 2009

To My Sophia...





16 weeks already!! Where has the time gone, little one? I can't believe that you are getting so big so quickly. In just the past few weeks, you've started acting less like an infant and more like a curious, active little girl. You've started reaching for objects, and of course, trying to shove them in your mouth. Everyone swears that you must be teething already, which is a distinct possibility that your Mommy is not willing to come to terms with yet. I'll believe it when I see that first little bit of white poking through, until then I'll ignore the possibility that you could even be old enough for such silliness.

You've also really started to embrace bath and swim time. Kicking and splashing in the water are two of your favorite passtimes, along with exploring all the toys in your playmat. You also enjoy sitting up in the Bumbo, going for rides in the Bjorn, and blowing spit bubbles until you are soaking wet. Your sister gets a big kick out of watching you and tucking you in (wherever you happen to be). You think she's just hysterical sometimes, other times not so much. I'd like to say that you're sleeping through the night, but that's more than Mommy can ask of you at this point. You're just such a hungry little munchkin, but don't worry, Mommy isn't going to cut you off just yet.

I know that I haven't dedicated quite as much time to you on the blog as I have to all of your sister's many escapades, but that will change. The two of you will keep all of us mighty busy over the next 18 years, and there'll be lots to write about.

3 comments:

peter said...

Ohhhhh, that little sweetie! Can't wait to see you all again! I'm going to try to find a picture of my father in which that protruding upper ear (Sophia's left ear and, I believe, Hailey's as well) is visible. You'll see...

Love,
Dad/Grandpa Pete

ann said...

How sweet! She really is becoming a beautiful little girl. And she looks like she's filling out. I miss you guys so much and I miss watching those two angels grow. She's beautiful Alisa, and I'm so proud of the wonderful mother you've become.

Unknown said...

She's sooo cute and so big compared to the last time i saw her! Wow! Can't wait to see her again in 6-8 months :)