Saturday, July 18, 2009

In the Nick of Time

I took Hailey to the doctor on Thursday. Although the doctor is still quite certain that any serious illness would have materialized by now, she wanted me to take Hailey to get some lab tests done to make sure. She felt like the labs would probably come out normal, but it has been a year and 5 fevers since we did them before. I planned to take her to get the labs done on Friday and even drove all the way to the Children's Hospital, but the fever had broken by then. I couldn't justify putting her through the trauma of getting stuck with needles if there would always be a doubt in my mind whether the normal results were simply a result of the fact that the fever had passed. What this means is that the next time we encounter the fever of unknown origins, we'll have to take her for the lab tests right away. I can only hope that this is the last time.

No comments: