Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Food

As the proud parents of two beautiful girls, Luke and I rarely have a chance to go out to dinner on our own. Tonight we had the chance, and here's what I realized - food is supposed to be hot. What!??!?! Hot?!?!? No! I took the first bite and honestly thought to myself, "There's something wrong here." It took me a while to realize that the food had just come out of the oven and no one was distracting me from eating it. It was almost too hot to eat. I wanted to say to the waiter, "Hey, can you stick this in the fridge for me. I'm just not used to this whole hot food thing." What an odd experience.

1 comment:

ann said...

You know it's really bad when you reach over the table and start cutting up his dinner! You both need time alone. You should try to plan a date night a few times a month to keep the two of you on track.