Saturday, August 29, 2009

Rearrangement - Update

It's now 8:26pm, and we have been rearranging and then rearranging again for a good part of the day. I've finally gotten all of the furniture in positions that I like BUT we have not actually moved the tv. Nope the tv remains on the wall, not above the fireplace.

Ok, so we have way more furniture than we have space for because this is a much smaller house than we had in Nashville. So, too much furniture, but of course, not the right furniture. No, there are at least 3-4 new pieces that we could buy to make the room just perfect, but I told Luke he had to work with what we have EXCEPT for one key piece - a table for behind the couch. Tonight, I sent him to IKEA to buy it. Now, sending Luke to IKEA by himself is like sending him to Best Buy by himself or the farmer's market or the grocery store. Hmmm...I'm sensing a pattern here.

So, anyone want to take a guess what he came back with BESIDES the table? Yes, he remembered the table, but we are also now the proud owners of 3, count them 3, giant trees for our living room that already has to much crap in it to begin with. I wanted 1. I got 3. I can barely take care of the two plants that I've managed to keep alive since we moved here. Ok. I need to go water my plants now.

No comments: