Friday, August 28, 2009

Mama Bear

When we got our dog, we took her to the vet and did all of the tests and shots and whatever. Well, they asked us if we wanted to have this little chip imbedded in her skin so that if she ever got lost, they could scan the chip and find our contact information. Well, I was all like "duh, of course I want that because I just made a serious investment in this critter and I don't want some overzelous animal control guy gassing her." Anywho, so they pull out this science fiction looking gun that looks like a cross between the thing they used to pierce my ears and a laser gun from Star Trek and they shoot a tiny little computer chip in her neck. It couldn't have felt good, but she seemed unphased.

Now, has anyone else been following this story about the little girl who was abducted when she was 11 and just found 18 years later??? That is just the scariest story ever. It really makes my Mama Bear instincts come flying out, and I just want to invent a little GPS tracker that I can embed into my children so that I never lose them. Yeah, you heard me. I want to Geotag my kids or GPS them or whatever the right word is. I mean, I'd only use it if they got lost. I wouldn't use it if say their boyfriend kept them out past their curfew. No, I'd never do that. Just in case they got stolen or lost or whatever. I mean it's either get the GPS shot or get locked in the basement. It's your call, girls!

1 comment:

nro said...

since reading this, i have a news ticker display in my head that reads: "liberal mom in atlanta goes conservative"... this has been cracking me up all week!