Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Two Girls, One Room

Last Thursday I did something completely radical...I let Sophia sleep in her own room with her sister. What was even crazier was that I turned off the monitor, and not surprisingly, she slept through the night. It's been 4 nights now! 4 nights of full sleep! Granted I wake up with boobs like giant boulders, but it's better than waking up two or three times a night. I feel like a new woman. Plus, it's just nice to have the girls in the same room. Hailey loves her sister and seems to really enjoy that they sleep near each other. It's so sweet.

2 comments:

ann said...

What until they start fighting over who's making the mess in their room. FYI - it was always your mother!

I remember when there were storms at night, she'd always let me crawl into bed with her. So I guess that makes up for her mess.

peter said...

Oh, my gosh, that is so wonderful! It must be just great to get some sleep, and to have two beautiful little girls being "sisters" already. What ever possessed you to try this so soon? I'm really impressed, with all of you: Hailey, Sophia, and mommy! On the other hand, everything's happening too fast...(sigh)

Love,
Dad/Grandpa Pete